Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lilac time in Ukraine



The lilacs are blooming everywhere in Marianivka and all through Ukraine, filling the air with their wonderful scent of early summer.
In Kyiv, the Botanical Gardens over looking the Vydubetsky Monastery and the Dnipro River are covered in Lilacs at this time of year. The Gardens have a collection of every lilac variety in the world and it is almost a pilgrimage for Kyivites every spring during lilac time to visit the gardens. They also have a lilac nursery that does a brisk business.



2 comments:

  1. See, this is when I should have been in Europe. Those are so beautiful. But, I got to see Europe when a lot of people don't, so I think I won out in the end.

    By the way, I'm seriously considering flying back for some of that bread with the apricot jam stuff in it and some sour cream. I don't like sour cream in Canada anymore. I miss that sour cream. How soon can I come visit you again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immediately. I told you May was the best time. And Tanya made oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted