Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doin’ Nothin’? Nothin’ Doin’!!!

Jeff Foxworthy was playing a comedy club in Detroit, if I have the story straight, and was, as usual, being given the gears about being a Redneck (he is a Georgia State native). The comedy club was next door to a bowling alley with valet parking. It occurred to Jeff that many people might be Rednecks but just didn’t realize it and so “You might be a Redneck” was born.

I posted a picture implying that retired menfolk might occasionally do “nothing”. Rob-Bear took umbrage at the suggestion (I didn’t even know I had umbrage and he went and took it). So it seems to me that some folks don’t know when they are actually doing “Nothing”.

I’m not going to start my own comedy line here but one of the simplest ways to tell if you are doing “Nothing” is if you are enjoying the activity but your spouse* wants you to do something else. YOU might be watching the game or walking the dog but if your wife wants you to take her shopping or to mow the lawn then you are doing “nothing”.

Freudian slip – I wrote “souse” the first try.

4 comments:

  1. I had umbrage once but somebody took mine too.

    You're right. Us guys could be doing brain surgery but that's nothing important when a wife gets a wild hair...oops I won't say that I'd get in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll take umbrage any time I can.

    A bowling alley with valet parking? That's got to be a joke!

    I like your definition of "nothing." It works in our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.: I've been busy trimming the Elm tree in the back yard. It was a spouse-approved project, so it doesn't fit in the category of "nothin.'"

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.P.S.: Love your new pic on the border. It is just "so you." And you've had the courage to put it out for the whole world to see. Amazing. That should create some more blog fodder, Blog Fodder.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted