Friday, July 10, 2009

More Email Signature Lines

Here are a few more email signature lines that I have used in the past few months. The previous post is here.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."…Mark Twain

"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?" Anonymous

"What is the matter with her? I was giving her my undevoted attention”…Stan Hingston

I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means ‘put down’…Bob Newhart

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does” …..Will James

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astound the rest.” ……Mark Twain

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Weisel.

The living language is like a cow-path: it is the creation of the cows themselves, who, having created it, follow it or depart from it according to their whims or their needs. From daily use, the path undergoes change. A cow is under no obligation to stay. – E.B. White, writer (1899-1985)

“I would like to quote what a judge said not long ago – that all his experience both as Counsel and Judge had been spent in sorting out the difficulties of people who, upon the recommendation of people they did not know, signed documents which they did not read, to buy goods they did not need, with money they had not got” … Gilbert Harding

A man marries a woman thinking she will never change and she does.
A woman marries a man thinking he will change and he never does.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." Groucho Marx

We hand folks over to God's mercy, and show none ourselves….George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), novelist (1819-1880)

“I’m never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don’t do anything. Not a single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don’t even do that any more” Dorothy Parker

The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them. -George Orwell

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart. H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)

Any fool can make a rule And every fool will mind it. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)

"I’m learning patience. I’d rather learn immediate gratification." May-B

“I took a day to search for God,
And found Him not; but as I trod,
By rocky ledge, through woods untamed,
Just where one scarlet lily flamed,
I saw His footprint in the sod”
William Bliss Carman

3 comments:

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted