Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cold Hearted Woman

Andrei got his Lexus back from the body shop yesterday and bought it over to show me how shiny it looked.  He swears the badger was 40 kg but 40 lbs might be an exaggeration according to Wiki.

Tanya spent the day transplanting 'leventy-'leven dozen baby plants from starter boxes to individual cups or larger boxes so they have room to grow.  Pictures in a few days when they have all grown another 10 cm.

I got up at 7:00 this morning and looked at the cold foggy day, let the cat in and went back to bed. Tanya got up at the same time, fed the cat the last of his canned cat food, checked all her baby plants and went back to bed.

Kuchma finished his stew and came to the bedroom door, speaking to us in cat Russian.  I didn't catch it all but it was to the tune of "I am cold.  The house is cold.  I am lonesome.  Why are you still in bed?"  Tanya replied in human Russian.  I didn't catch it all but it was to the tune of "Take a flying leap".

The cat came around to my side of the bed.  He knows.  He is NOT allowed on the bed.  ESPECIALLY after his tomcat smell problems required washing everything down to and including the mattress cover when he sneaked in and slept there one afternoon. 

He jumped up on the bed beside me and lay down purring happily.  I picked him up and gently set him on the floor.  Several times. He had just settled down again when Tanya reached over me and threw him off the bed in no uncertain terms.

He must have thought it was me that did it as he then walked around the bed to Tanya's side and jumped up by her.  That was a mistake.

11 comments:

  1. We had a week of near eighty degree weather - this week the highs are around freezing (32) and today we woke up to snow.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is spring weather to the extreme. We are sitting at +5 (about 40F) every day, cold damp, sunless. Like winter.

      Delete
  2. A: I can't stand cats!
    B: That's because you don't know how to cook them right)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs have owners; cats have staff. As in employees. How many times do I have to tell you? I don't think you have learned your place in the world, big guy. At least Tanya understands.

    If you have any more problems, let me know. I'll come over hand have the Kot for breakfast some morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayne and Shuster's cannibal routine: so we're agreed? Here's my hand. Thanks, I'll have it for breakfast.

      Delete
  4. A simple operation can eliminate the cat's malodorous-spray problem and keep it from contributing to cat overpopulation. A happy, purring cat can be a delightful nap-time companion. BTW, few if any creatures more completely relax than a fully relaxed cat. We have one that can be "poured" off of a lap like warm chocolate syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuchma never had that problem before and he is maybe 8 or 10 years old. I agree that male cats and dogs should be neutered but try to persuade anyone it should be done is another story.
      They really do relax, don't they? And sleep in the strangest positions.

      Delete
  5. Couldn't think of a comment here just having lost my furry friend at christmas. Wonder how he'd take to having a bath. My cat used to love it once she got used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing a pet is hard. I am sorry about your furrball. Giving Kuchma a bath requires tying his legs together to prevent him from cutting your veins.
      Masha's other babushka has a cat that goes in the shower and loves it. I think starting them as kittens is the only answer.

      Delete
  6. That Tanya is a no nonsense woman. Did the cat get the message?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted