Sunday, March 18, 2018

No excuses, now I am just lazy

So far, so good.  Spring is supposed to be here in a couple days.  At least the sun is shining and the temps are holding about 0C in the day time and -10C at night.  Snow is melting around the edges and there are puddles to walk around.  I have abandoned my cane so have no obvious draw for sympathy as I dodder across the street.  It is so nice to be able to walk outside again.

My doctor says I am doing fine and put in a requisition for a surgery date which will be in early May, I hope.  He is in no rush as the longer it takes the stronger I'll be and the faster I will recover.  I just want it over and done with so I never have another burst diverticula.  Also so at some point my innards can be reconnected and output will resume its normal path.

If not early May then likely early June as my doctor will be going to a congress of surgeons in Europe the last two weeks in May.  He says he will see the surgeon from the hospital in Dnipro and let him know how his former patient is doing.

Tanya is anxious as well to get this over with so we can go home.  She is missing her kids, cats and garden.  Our west window is filled with little tubs of seedlings for my daughter's outdoor wooden flower pots.

My head is starting to work much better in that I can focus again, though I still have problems reading long articles and books are somewhat difficult.  I managed to do the marketing section part of a small business plan for a consultant friend of mine.  My news feed provides lots of shorter stuff on Ukraine, Putin, Trump etc so that keeps me amused but not profitably.

Funny how cognitive skills are the slowest to recover from illness or other severe stress.  My daughter who knows these things says the body puts all its efforts into recovery.  So I am recovered enough to blog again.  We'll see how it goes and if there are any readers left.

9 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and Tanya. Plow deep, plant straight and think good thoughts.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good motto for gardening and for life.

      Delete
  2. Funny that you should mention the body putting all its energy into recovery and ignoring almost everything else. I found that after the hip replacement surgery, I had no inspiration to paint or draw, even though I'm supposed to be providing work for two art shows this spring. All my energies went into getting better.
    Glad to say I'm painting again now!
    I'm so happy you've got the upcoming surgery all sorted out, and you're feeling more lively. Medical science is a wonderful thing! Hugs to Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medical science and the living body (human and critter) is rather miraculous, isn't it? Glad you are painting again. Being creative takes energy!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're on the mend! It's no wonder all your mental and physical resources were consumed with healing after such a traumatic experience - nice to know that you're now able to spare some energy for thinking and walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I better get walking before |Tanya yells at me again for being lazy today.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted