Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sorry I was AWOL; Reporting for Duty, Sir

It has been a month. Operation went well.  40 cm of colon removed so they got all the bad stuff.  They put me in the same room I was in when I was sick in January so I had all the same nurses. That was nice. Home in 5 days to recover.  Next Dr appointment June 12, maybe get a date for next surgery.

Email from a client I had to drop when I got sick last year. How am I doing and can I work? Number crunching and analysis of trends. Pick up from where I left off last year. Deadline three weeks. I gave myself another week to recover and went at it.  Powered out after one week. Took another week to do three days work.  So far I have 104 charts on 60 pages. Just finishing the write ups. Wish I had another week, I would tear it apart and reorganize it.

Tanya is going to Ukraine for 4 months. She has lots to do, though our friend Katya who has been looking after our house loves flowers as much as Tanya and has enjoyed looking after our yard.  She sent pictures. The Iris are going great guns. We missed the tulips but Tanya will be home for the roses.





6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your latest surgery went well! That sounds like an ambitious analysis project you've taken on - just remember to put your health first. Nobody ever died from a few days of business delay. :-)

    And Tanya's flowers are beautiful as always! I'm sure you'll miss each other while she's gone, but I can imagine how glad she'll be to get home to her garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worked with this client since 2000 and I consider the VP a friend. The new company president wants to see the report because he liked my previous work. I don't argue.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your operation went well. Not surprised to hear you're having energy problems re that work you took on. When I had my colon surgery, I went back to full-time work after 6 weeks convalescence and after day 1, I was grey with fatigue. Had to ease back into it part-time only for another couple of weeks. Major surgery really takes it out of you, so be gentle with yourself.

    I hope you get along okay by yourself in Tanya's absence. Hopefully, there are other family or friends nearby to assist you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest daughter acts as a surrogate mother to me, so I'll be fine.

      Delete
  3. A few more nips and tucks and I bet you won't look like your pass port anymore. Heal well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aged 30 years in one month last July but am slowly coming back to my old self, not sure if that is good, bad or ugly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted