Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

My News Feed is full of Trump, Election, Iran, Putin and miscellaneous other political bad news. Now for something completely different (for reals).

Sleeping cats are a never-ending source of amusement for Tanya, who loves to take pictures of their weird sleeping positions and places. We bought a cat bed once. It was explored and ignored. Cats sleep where ever they want. And change favourite sleeping places on a regular basis. So now we have hand towels on windowsills and other likely cat-crashing places.

On a warm day, Vovo sleeps on a mat in front of the balcony door. Now he sleeps on the couch, at Tanya's feet until she goes to bed. He may stay there or he may try to sleep at the foot of our bed.

In the morning when Tanya is busy in the kitchen, Bonya likes to sleep on the counter in front of the window. The registers are directly below the counter so it is nice and warm. He has his own set of towels to sleep on. Bonya used to sleep in the clothes basket at night, then on the shoe cupboard by the front door, now on top of the new washing machine. Or on top of our bedroom dresser. Sometimes in the middle of the night, he decides to sleep with us and there is this WHUMPF as he leaps from the dresser trying to land between us but usually on top of Tanya.

They don't stay long on our bed as I sleep like a rotisserie which annoys them some.

Tigritsa, when she is not trying to sleep on my arm as I work on the computer, likes to sleep in the windowsill across from my side of the bed. When she gets cold she sleeps on the register under the window until she warms up. In the night, I see often her sitting up and staring out the window.

It rained last night and today it was too wet to go out so the cats were bored. Vovo picked a fight with Tigritsa. The snarling alerted Bonya who has no love for Vovo and promptly inserted himself between them. More snarling and tail switching. Vovo got booted outside as it has dried up enough.

Bonya is melting

Tigritsa and Vovo not fighting

Tigritsa and Bonya

Both Tigritsa and Bonya can open drawers to sleep in

Nap attack

Vovo warming up on the register

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful cats you have - and they really do sleep in some odd places and positions! Our two always sleep in the same places and same positions. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny. No idea. These are the first cats i ever paid attention to.

      Delete
  2. Cats are so wonderful! I love all those photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are dozens more mostly of Bonya. Tanya's pet. Also the most weird

      Delete
  3. Blogger drives me crazy. If comments are right below the blog post, I cannot reply to a comment except on my Android phone. So I changed it to pop up window and now all my replies are changed to simple stand-alone comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife and I are cat people. We have two Maine Coon Cats and they sleep where ever they please. The oldest sleeps between us on the bed at night while we are reading, but leaves as soon as we turn off the lights. We have cat beds that they don't use - I think it is a statement " no human is going to tell us where to sleep."

    Take care

    the OL'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine Coon cats are beautiful. And yes they sleep where they will.

      Delete
  5. I loved the cat photos - I'm still smiling! When we had cats, their sleeping positions weren't usually as creative as Bonya's, but they were still good for a warm fuzzy giggle. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd feel pretty lonely without cats. Our dogs are not house pets.

      Delete
  6. I loved when dexter would sleep on something narrow and then fall off and look at me like I pushed him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonya falls off the window ledges but so far has not blamed us.

      Delete
  7. Your cats are very cute and fun. They do like odd sleeping positions.:)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sort of crash wherever. Not creatures of habit.

      Delete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted