Thursday, December 15, 2022

Country Gospel Duets - a break from Christmas Music

 If you need a break from Christmas Music, give a listen to these country gospel duets. I stumbled across Sarah Roberts and Tyler Williams singing On Heaven's Bright Shore and loved the harmony so much I went looking for others that I did not know.

Tyler Williams was born with cerebral palsy and is blind. He is also an accomplished singer and musician playing piano and also Doc Watson style guitar. You can find him on YouTube.

 

Kenny and Amanda Smith are a husband and wife team who met at a bluegrass festival in the late 90s and have been performing and recording together for over two decades. Kenny is an accomplished guitar player. A Heart That will Never Break Again and Outside the Gate are two of my favourites.




Joey and Rory Feek were a rising country music couple until her untimely death from cancer at 40 years. They were married in 2002 and performed and recorded from 2008 to 2016. 




6 comments:

  1. I like some old timey gospel music every now and again. My favourite soundtrack is the one to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" Some great pieces on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sound track. So many great songs and singers, Alison Krause, Stanley Brothers, "Soggy Bottom Boys".

      Delete
  2. So what (good to see you on-line...)? Are you ready to leave that old quarrel of ours in the Past?
    That. About Ukrainians being anti-semites?
    Or. Will drug it with you into next year too?
    Your choice. Your carma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me? You are confused. It was you called me an anti-Semite because I oppose Israel's treatment of the Palestinians whom they drove off their land. If you start the bullshit again I will delete you as always. Up to you

      Delete
  3. Lovely. I particularly loved Joey & Rory Feek, but it made me sad to know she's gone - the best get taken too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cancer is no respecter of age, wealth, position, or religion

      Delete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted