Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Please Don't Suck.

The new year is coming.


This, of course, means that everyone and their dog has a New Years post with something to say. I am no different. I have been quiet the last few months, but today I had a need to write.

This last year, that of 2016, has been a rough one. I have to admit that it has nearly defeated me on more than one occasion and I am not sad to see it go. . . 


Continued in the link below:
Please. Don't. Suck.

My oldest daughter wrote the above. She doesn't blog often.  It seemed like the perfect beginning for a new year so I am linking to it.  I am not sure I can measure up to the Standards she sets herself for the new year but it is certainly a good benchmark.

An article in Scientific American forwarded to me by a friend provided food for thought but again, I know I cannot live up to their methodology with those I disagree with. Especially when I despise them.  Republican Jesus Christians make me angry beyond words

How to Convince Someone When Facts Fail

Maybe you can, Dear Reader.  In that, I wish you all the best and for the new year too.

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours! Yes, let's all hope 2017 is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year sounds so commercial;but I actually do wish you and your wife a peaceful, healthy and stress free year.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid ..it's not going to be any better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Likely much worse. But be healthy and as happy as possible, Jackiesue.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, and I like MayB's approach - well said. I liked the Scientific American article, too - I hope their tips get widely used!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted