Thursday, May 18, 2023

McGinty is growing up quickly

 The past couple weeks have been insanely busy with building garden beds for Tanya. Poor Lucky gets the run of the yard while I am working but hasn't been on a real walk for about three weeks. He has given up asking. I'm a bad doggy day, I know. 

My son and his family are making their first road trip with Grayden, going to Saskatoon for the long weekend possibly making a few stops along the way. I am going up to Saskatoon on the bus and Tanya is working as it is the busiest time of year for garden centres. So we are putting Lucky in a kennel for the first time. He will have the time of his life and Tanya will need tranquilizers so she wont worry about her baby. My daughter took her dogs to this kennel/doggy day care so they know her and she recommended them. 

Katya is doing a wonderful job of looking after our house and Tanya's garden. Here are pictures she sent today and a couple days ago.






Planted four years ago, bloomed this year

Grayden got his first professional haircut and was quite interested in the whole process.


He is crawling and climbing stairs. He goes downstairs head first so needs to work on that a bit.


He is walking behind his push toy and maybe I'll get to see him take his first steps when he is in Saskatoon. 


And he is terminally cute, of course. Sorry for bragging but I never had one of these before with my name on it. It feels so good.



18 comments:

  1. To look at the pictures of Tanya's gardens, one might never know there's a war banging around the country. I'm glad your home and her gardens are safe for now. Must be a deep longing to return....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our community has been fortunate in that regard but the cemetery is filling up with local men who have died on the battlefield. When the war is over and there is real peace, we certainly plan on returning home.

      Delete
  2. Brag away - you have grounds.
    I am so glad that your home and garden are being so well looked after and hope you can return relatively quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I sure will. So excited to see my wee man

      Delete
  4. Wow, Grayden was SO well behaved during his first haircut! That's quite rare, I think, don't babies always fuss and cry? Pretty soon he'll be running around everywhere!

    Nice to see the beauty of Tanya's garden in Ukraine. It represents hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really seemed intrigued by the whole affair, like cutting his hair was an everyday occurrence. Yes, gardens represent hope. Thank you

      Delete
  5. Tanya must be so homesick for her garden! It must help to know that it's being cared for so well, though. I guess the bright side is that you get to enjoy so much time with Grayden - that wouldn't have happened if you'd still been in the Ukraine. Congratulations, proud Grandpa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does miss her garden but making a new one here helps. Yes, I will enjoy Grayden while I can. Then it is back to video chats on WhatsApp. I am glad he has his Grandpa Hai and Grandma Cassy in Edmonton. Grandparents are so important to kids as they grow up.

      Delete
  6. Tundra Bunny here...

    I'm glad that your home and gardens in Ukraine are being so well cared for while you're in Canada -- they're beautiful. Enjoy your visit with Grayden -- he really is a cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a comfort to Tanya to know the house is looked after. Grayden is pretty cute alright but I am biased of course

      Delete
  7. Sound quite busy.
    Your flowers a lovely.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are busy. By end May it should slow down as all the garden will be in. Thank you for the comment on Tanya's flowers

      Delete
  8. omg omg omg omg..he's just so damn cute.I wanna blow bubbles on those cheeks...kiss him for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted