Saturday, May 27, 2023

Grayden, German Shepherd, and Garden

 On May long weekend (19-21) Graeme took his family in a road trip to Saskatoon. First long trip for Grayden. Tanya had to work so I stuck Lucky in VIP Kennel from Fri afternoon to Sunday morning and took the Friday bus to Saskatoon. Had a great visit Friday evening and all day Saturday. 

Grayden got to meet Abigail, who is about a week older than he is. Cutest tiniest little girl ever. Her mom Gina is a good friend of my daughter's. This was Grayden's first encounter with another baby, I think. They hit it off and when Abigail got close enough he managed to get in a few kisses. 


My eyes are up here!

Let me help you with that

Well, hello there, Handsome.

Grayden didn't walk while I was there but figured out how to go downstairs backwards instead of head first. He cut two top teeth. And met four dogs. 

Sticking out his tongue is a new trick

Grayden loves to watch soap operas with his mom. Apparently Y&R is his favourite.


On Sunday, Graeme, Mishel and Grayden drove me back to Regina. I picked up Lucky from the kennel. He had a wonderful time. He is an intact male (still) so they put in in with a bunch of spayed females. He had his own harem. 

Graeme took Mishel and Grayden to visit friends and see his old stomping grounds. He put Grayden on the swing that his sisters used to ride on the playground near our home. He said there would often be 100 kids there and no adults.


They came over to our place later in the afternoon. Lucky, who loves cats and small dogs was absolutely smitten with Grayden. He wanted to sniff him and be close to him. And he so badly wanted to play with him. He brought his toys to show him and danced around in play mode. Grayden was curious but a little afraid. 
Grayden reached out for one pat. Lucky was overjoyed

The garden is coming slowly as it takes time to tear apart pallets and make raised beds, The front flowers are lovely but everything else is slow. Waiting for warmer weather I guess. I will finish another bed today for her tomatoes. 

View from the street

Front flower bed

Slow progress with cool weather



11 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fabulous weekend.
    I am loving the early signs of yours and Tanya's work in the garden too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to visit with family. The garden is coming. We had a nice rain last night and now it will warm up. Plants will jump.

      Delete
  2. Hey Grayden, Y&R is MY favourite soap opera too! You've got good taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second youngest used to sneak next door to watch soaps with the neighbour. That was over40 years ago and I can't recall which one

      Delete
  3. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. So sorry it didn't work for us to get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to have seen you guys. Seems like forever since we had coffee at Robin's. Lots happened to both families since then

      Delete
  4. He is adorable and the flowers are beautiful and the garden looks good. I am only pulling weeds this year. I am taking a break from planting a garden this year! Maybe next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When Tanya takes a break from gardening, I will have to check her pulse. I love harvesting and processing but the rest I did too much of in my youth to do for fun. We had a big garden to feed a family of 6. Dad started driving school bus in the fall of 1960 which was the first cash money we had. Luxuries were 48 ox strawberry jam and 1/2 gallon ice cream at $0.99.

      Delete
  5. I find it funny when little children under one, meets for first time.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were all entertained watching them. If they become friends, it will be the fourth generation of friendship between our families.

      Delete
  6. Such cute photos! I chuckled over Lucky's excitement - I wonder if he'll still live close enough to visit by the time Grayden is as eager to play as he was this time.

    And the garden is beautiful already - Tanya must be pleased to see it shaping up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted