Sunday, April 24, 2016

And now for something completely different

Last week was a long week for me.  It had been a while since I posted anything on Ukraine or Russia so I spent the week reading it felt like hundreds of articles from the internet.  Russian Justice was the result of some of it.  Ukrainian Corruption will be next.  But I needed a break.  It is hard work and as Sveta said at lunch today, I take everything into myself.  I do not understand greed nor lust for power though with fear they are the three most powerful driving forces of human kind.

So today is a collection of nonsense from Facebook beginning with the worst joke of the month.

The City of Regina clean-up crew found over 200 dead crows on the Dewdney avenue near McNally's pub recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Avian Flu.

The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with motorbikes, while only 2% were killed by cars.

The city then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of motorbike kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger. They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "cah", not a single one could shout "bike".



My favourite




This video is so funny. I have watched it many times.  The boy's laughter is contagious.

6 comments:

  1. The crow joke? Aaagh! I loved it. But I had one of my attention-deficit-dyslexia attacks in the first paragraph when I read 'cows' instead of 'crows'. Then I went on to read the 'avian flu' part, and thought "Yep, sounds like government, calling in bird experts to look at cows."

    In my defense, I've got a touch of the flu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avian flu? Get well. 200 dead cows hit by motor bikes would indeed be the start of a good joke.

      Delete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted