Monday, September 16, 2019

Truskavets revisited or The Best Of Wally

In a not so recent Dilbert cartoon, Wally went on an 'in-cubicle sabbatical' and merely recycle old emails which he referred to as The Best of Wally.


I have been busy working on a consulting report and if I take time away from it, it is away from the computer. Writing a decent blog post takes time unless it is personal. So I am recycling a few posts from 10 years ago, hoping no one will notice.

In April 2009, Tanya and I went to the spa town of Truskavets in the Carpathian mountains. Europeans take spas seriously but in Ukraine, it is a religion. In Soviet times people were sent by their employer to Truskavets for three weeks. Since husband and wife usually worked at different places they went separately. Do not think too much about this.

Of course, I could in no way take this whole thing seriously which did not please Tanya at all.  Needless to say, we have never been back. The following is my take on 'taking the waters'. If I could write like this all the time, I could give Diane Henders some competition.

3:10 to Truskavets

Dr. Yuri Grigorovich



4 comments:

  1. In the native villages of Alaska it is steam baths.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Siberia it is the same. Sauna or Banya as the Russians call it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the compliment! I'm still laughing over your Protsidoori posts. What is it with these naturopathic folks and their eternal obsession with getting up people's butts? Freud would have a heyday. Personally, I suspect that's where rumours of alien butt-probes started...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted