Saturday, December 25, 2010

Four Years and Counting

Things have been a bit hectic this past week so, like the butcher who backed into his meat grinder and got a little behind in his orders, I have a bit of catching up to do.

Tanya and I celebrated four years married on Thursday by collecting my youngest off the train in the morning at 11:00 am and going out for supper in the evening.  It was a good day and I am married to the most wonderful woman a man could ever ask for.

Four wonderful years together.

Lyn's flight was canceled on Dec 21 because of the weather.  Thankfully, she was flying Lufthansa who are pros at looking after their passengers.  A hotel for the night, supper and breakfast and come back next day to see what they can arrange.  The next day, she reluctantly dragged her luggage to the airport (London City) expecting, (as did I) that she would only have to drag it back to a hostel somewhere.  Ten minutes after she arrived at the ticket counter, she was in line to board a flight to Geneva to catch a Ukraine International flight to Kyiv.  She arrived in Kyiv at 11:00 pm that night.  And caught the 7:00 am train out.

Tanya was not surprised at this.  She had been telling me since the first flight was canceled that Lyn would fly on the 22nd.  She was more than a little miffed at me for being, uh, less than receptive to the idea.  Call it faith, call it a sixth sense, call it whatever.  She is right often enough (like 95% ) that I should learn to just shut up and listen.

Tanya is downstairs fixing Christmas dinner.  She sent me upstairs so I wouldn't "help" as she says sometimes my helping makes more work for her than not.  Our Ukrainian family is gathering today for Western Christian Christmas, in honour of Lyn and I.  We will celebrate New Years Eve and again Orthodox Christian Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and happy anniversary. Glad Lyn made it there safely. Have a great time.
    David and Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip sounds exhausting glad she made it. Now I know why Russians are so tough. Tell Tanya to buy me a lottery ticket please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your daughter made it. I know a friend of ours is stuck in Europe right now.(flying home from India).
    I'm making Christmas dinner too. The turkey smells SO yummy!
    I hope that you enjoy(ed) your day!

    Oh! And Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!!! Here's to many, many more!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, and Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so there you guys are. I don't remember seeing your photo before. Congratulations on your fourth anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted