Monday, April 12, 2021

Observations of an Aging Cynical Insomniac

 I am not dyslexic and I know that joke.

My previous post was the result of two hours of lost sleep and took 30 minutes to do. The next night I did not sleep at all and am still working on the results. Several days of research, 13 pages of notes with more to follow and still waiting to hear from a Veterinary Pathologist at the U of S.

Eating a large amount of very salty cheese before bed may give me high blood pressure but doubles the hours of sleep between pee breaks. A tube of Pringles does not have the same effect.

If you stick your foot out of the covers and feel like you kicked a cactus, you may have a cat upset at being kicked.

I sleep like a badly balanced rotisserie... r r r r whump...r r r r whump...

If in your dream, you find yourself searching for a bathroom, you should always wake up and find one.

Surveyors and dogs like to mark corners.

Ideas that seem good at 4:00 am should be written down...or maybe better not.

My printer hates me. It will not load and print glossy photopaper anymore. Until I take it for service. It works fine with my tech's computer and with my computer at the tech's shop. Bring it home and nothing.

Being nine hours ahead of Saskatchewan is not good for sleep patterns

Which ever cat gets there first sleeps on the folded wool blanket




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Things will change when the weather warms up and I can go back to 5:00 am dog walks to avoid heat and traffic

      Delete
  2. It is not yet four am here. My heartfelt condolences. There is a reason so many cultures use sleep deprivation as torture. It is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, some can't go to sleep and some can't sleep in. Which are you? Once I get to sleep I can sleep for hours on end.

      Delete
    2. I can't stay asleep. I drop off quite easily but wake. Often. I sleep in two hour snatches until the time when I give up and get up.

      Delete
    3. Once I get to sleep, I can go back to sleep relatively easily.

      Delete
  3. Our cats sleep wit us too. I am having trouble sleeping at night - age related? I was having to get up numerous times during the night to pee, but I had a new procedure called HoLEP (non invasive laser surgery.) It took care of the problem. Now I pee like a twenty year old when I go and don't have to get up during the night - at least to pee.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must check out this procedure. Sounds awesome. Not likely in Ukraine but maybe in Canada

      Delete
  4. Hah! I tried writing down my “profound” thoughts when I awaken around 3am..... but I could not read the gibberish the next day. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it. I could never write them down. If I don't remember in the morning, I figure that is how it should be

      Delete
  5. This is the first time insomnia has ever made me chuckle. Thanks for that! (Insomnia sucks.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good. Everyone else was worried about the insomnia. Chuckles was the intent of the post. Also last night I went 5 whole hours without getting up. Like the good old days.

      Delete
  6. I have to sleep through a great deal of pain, so I take narcotics, nerve pain pills, and two kinds of sleeping pills. Still, sometimes, I can't get to sleep, so after trying for awhile, I eat a piece of cheese, and it always helps.

    As for cheese keeping one from peeing as often, I don't know about that, but I do know that I am never more thirsty than during the hour before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a rough go of it, Snowbrush, and I wish there was some help for you. I can only help by listening and sending cyber hugs. The smoked cheese strings I eat are literally soaked in salt brine. It is the salt that lets me sleep longer, more than the cheese I expect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted