Friday, September 1, 2023

Lucky is Four Years Old Today

 My 11 week break from blogging is over. I have a few ideas in mind so should not draw a blank too soon. How I spent my summer vacation should take a couple of blogs anyhow.

Today Lucky turns 4 so it seems like a good time to celebrate with a few pictures of him growing up.

He came to us in mid-October 2019 as a wee starved puppy about 6 weeks old so we arbitrarily assigned September first as his birthdate. It took about 3 months for Tanya and our vet to nurse him back to health and then he just grew. He is currently about 80 lbs or 36 kg.

He outgrew his cat house.

Lucky at 2 months

Lucky at 7 months

Lucky at 8 months

Lucky in his new home late last November

Lucky at 4 years

He is the most expensive non registered dog in Canada when you add up all the costs of bringing him here. and since we got him here, I think I raised 4 kids on less money that his upkeep. But we are glad we brought him with us. He makes our lives worth while and we love him to bits and he loves us.

I do intend to write a children's book about Lucky's trip to Canada. Maybe I can use AI to make the photos look like drawings.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back. And a very happy birthday to the beautiful Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, EC. Glad you haven't deleted me from your in basket. How is your health?

      Delete
  2. What fun to see Lucky's baby pictures! He was adorable then, and a very handsome fellow now. I sympathize with the cost of upkeep, though - he must have the appetite of a teenager!

    I love the idea of a children's book describing Lucky's voyage - keep us posted on your progress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Diane. I will try to catch up on my blog reading one at a time.
      Lucky is not that food oriented but give him a squeaky toy and he is yours for life. He gets a $4 allergy pill every morning as he is allergic to something in our house and only Apoquel works. Patent doesn't come off for another three years. It must be taken with food. The pill is hidden in a cheese slice or ground beef and he gets a bunch of treats too. The veterinary bills for just maintenance are high and so are the prices for dried treats. He eats a dish full of regular dry dog food at night.

      Delete
  3. What a cute little puppy Lucky was! And a handsome dog now. Happy Bday, Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Debra. Today I catch up on your blogs. Lucky was a cute puppy for sure. And when I am walking him, I get comments from passers by about how handsome he is

      Delete
  4. Happy happy 4th birthday to Lucky. What a super handsome dog and you are a super handsome dogdad. So much fun to have a dog around. My younger son and family acquired a new puppy last year... Millie.... a sort of poodle / lab cross but she doesn't look anything like a poodle or a lab. She's very cute and very smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flattery will get you everywhere. And please do posts of Millie.

      Delete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted