Friday, July 1, 2011

Thank you, Readers

Three years ago I started tracking hits on The Blog Fodder.  This blog, which started because I was too lazy to write the same stuff in letters to my kids/relatives/friends seems to have taken on a life of its own.  People from all over the world are clicking on it for reasons only they must know.  Some leave comments and that helps.  I got one in Spanish yesterday.  Awesome.

So having nothing better to do this rainy Canada Day, I pulled together some statisitcs and drew a chart.  I like charts.  They look impressive and give the feeling that the chartist actually has done real research and knows something useful.  Hah!

This is from ClustrMaps.  I recently signed up for Google Analytics and sometime in the (distant) future will look at it and see what I can learn. 

At any rate, thanks all for checking in on me from time to time.


5 comments:

  1. When I first looked at your graph of average daily hits, I thought it was trending down, but then saw that the present is on the left and the past three years towards the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I started listing from the present and worked backwards and down the column. I can't find a way to turn a column upside down and was too lazy to rewrite it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting. I think I'll check out Google Analytics. I like charts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have an international audience. I used to get quite a few hits from abroad, but that's changed. At least for the time being.

    Congratulations on your steady growth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog has been time well spent, BF. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete