Friday, July 1, 2011

Thank you, Readers

Three years ago I started tracking hits on The Blog Fodder.  This blog, which started because I was too lazy to write the same stuff in letters to my kids/relatives/friends seems to have taken on a life of its own.  People from all over the world are clicking on it for reasons only they must know.  Some leave comments and that helps.  I got one in Spanish yesterday.  Awesome.

So having nothing better to do this rainy Canada Day, I pulled together some statisitcs and drew a chart.  I like charts.  They look impressive and give the feeling that the chartist actually has done real research and knows something useful.  Hah!

This is from ClustrMaps.  I recently signed up for Google Analytics and sometime in the (distant) future will look at it and see what I can learn. 

At any rate, thanks all for checking in on me from time to time.


5 comments:

  1. When I first looked at your graph of average daily hits, I thought it was trending down, but then saw that the present is on the left and the past three years towards the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I started listing from the present and worked backwards and down the column. I can't find a way to turn a column upside down and was too lazy to rewrite it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting. I think I'll check out Google Analytics. I like charts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have an international audience. I used to get quite a few hits from abroad, but that's changed. At least for the time being.

    Congratulations on your steady growth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog has been time well spent, BF. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted