Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hard to write anything

It is hard to write when you are down.  This has not been a good week for reasons I cannot go into.  I haven't even been reading blogs, never mind trying to write them.

But life continues as "normal" and the garden is coming off.  Seven 750 ml jars of cherry jam and four of strawberry.  Five 2-cup packs of peas in the freezer and five more for tomorrow; next picking Thursday.  Pickling cucs ready Monday or Tuesday.  We have had several feeds of green marrow* and now zucchini is ready.  The onions are big enough to use for cooking not just as green onions. Summer cabbage is heading out nicely.


If we get another inch of rain soon, we'll have lots of corn



* sliced, floured, fried, with a dab of mayonnaise on top of each slice - delicious.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see the garden coming along so nicely.

    Hope you are OK, big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the spirit of "misery loves company" I offer this; I have been wrestling with withdrawing my services to my First Nations client. They need my help, they need change and they know it but are held back by invisible chains - and they're making me crazy! As I moved to the inevitable decision to leave, my moods have been up and down like the...................." When I thought of this old Sask expression, I remembered attending a chivaree held at the farm of a local couple when I was about 10. It was a raucous event as all the cars rolled into the yard under the cover of late night darkness and raised a great din of noise. Course the surprised couple had to let everyone in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear it was not a good week. I hope everything will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. RB, all will be well...eventually.
      RJ, I was thinking of you when I said I had a bad week. Misery does love company.
      DC and Ky, thanks.

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I just go with the feeling....feel better, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things get better ASAP! Lots of good vibes being sent from over here, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just have to roll with the punches and just remember there's always worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a hard time of year to be down, I should think. Your photos are filled with burgeoning life, yet that's the opposite of what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are starting to come together. Thanks all for your support and I will catch up on blog reading soon. I miss all of you when I don't read regularly.
      I have backed way off on reading about American and Russian politics, trying to read something a little lighter and less depressing. Just finished "A Brief History of India" by Alain Danielou. NOT lighter or less depressing and will review it soon in a blog post.

      Delete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted