Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mouse About the House

We have a little mouse living upstairs who is getting quite brave. We heard him rattling around for a few days then we started seeing him scuttling across the floor. He climbed up on my desk when I was working and wandered around briefly , then climbed down again. Last night he ran across the floor out from under Tanya's desk and under my printer table. Tanya figures if we feed him, he might get big enough to attract Kuchma's attention. Maybe bread crumbs?

There is this stereotype about married couples that one always does something that annoys the other spouse. Squeezing toothpaste in the middle is the standard. Or open windows vs. closed windows at night. With us, it is bread, though I find it amusing, not annoying. Tanya likes the crusts. So she cuts the loaf from both ends. Then down the sides. Finally the bottom and the top. Which is OK if you put it back in the bag. But I have lots of crumbs for the mouse.

4 comments:

  1. That is so weird. But you know, Tanya and I would complete each other. I don't like the crust at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would totally do teh same as she does but I never thought of it and I don't have the nerve. It just cuts against the grain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuchma can kill two birds, but not catch a mouse? I would say that cat's days in your household are numbered. Get yourself a real cat -- an effective cat.

    "I don't care if it's a black cat or a yellow cat; as long as it catches mice, it's a good cat." -- Deng Xiaoping, 40 Years of Chinese Communist Party Rule, p. 220.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rember that time I was playing the piano and the mouse fell out of the ceiling and landed beside me?

    Sometimes I miss Shannon Rd and sometimes I miss it not at all.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted