Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back on Line Again - Briefly

My desktop computer is in the shop getting its hard drive reformatted and a few other minor things.  I took it in on Monday evening.  Tomorrow we are going to Dnipro so it will be Friday before I get it back.  I have my notebook computer hooked to my monitor and keyboard so it is a little like "home" but I don't have all the same programs and files on it.  I learned yesterday that Roman had rigged it up to use Tanya's KyivStar modem so we are "sharing".  I plug it into my computer unless she wants it. At least I can check emails.

The IT tech says he has to come home with the computer which tells me he has not got it all running again.  Especially the internet modem, which is what I was most worried about.  I think he is missing a driver for the Mobile as modem but will see on Friday.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised he can fix it considering everything is in another language...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To err is human; to really foul things up you need a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MB it is tough for him as much of the tech information is also in English.
    RB and to really foul up a computer you need BF.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted