Monday, June 27, 2011

The English Cowpath: Canada is Unofficially Bimetric

The English Cowpath: Canada is Unofficially Bimetric: " I wrote the following 2 years ago in response to a question from my 3rd cousin who was raised in South Africa and is now living in Western ..."

4 comments:

  1. What do you mean "unofficially," folks.
    Distance is measured in kilometres, and weight in kilograms. But if you want construction materials, who knows anything but 2x4?
    I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anymore distance is measured in time. It'll take 35 minutes to get to grandma's house if the traffic isn't bad. Or if your talking about kilos then you talking dope (BC bud).
    As for the 2x4 it's not really a 2x4. Measure it and see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian 2x4s are actually 1.5x3.5. they used to be, in my youth 1.75x3.75. They were cut 2x4 and planed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Al:
    Haven't visited with you for a long time and I don 't know how I got on this page.
    But since I am here I will say hello and bring you greetings from cold, grey and misty Vancouver Island. It is just like living in Consul except for traffic jams, etc
    Also except for rains that rains, sunny days that aren't and droughts that result from 7 days without moisture Oh, just for some good SK sunshine,SK soil and a good old Sask gully-washer!
    Anyway, enough bitching-if I'm not careful, Sheila will stuff me in an empty boxcar and send me back.
    Also, I'm taking the opportunity to quibble with your story about the 2x4 of our youth-the actual dimension was 1 5/8 x 3 5/8 (Or 1.625 x 3.625 in Henry Fords decimal inch) when planed from the rough cut 2x4. (or as I recall it)
    If there was anything worth knowing in the above-please ignore and have a good day!
    Blair

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted