Wednesday, August 25, 2010

They walk among you. They breathe. They Breed

While 1 in 5 Americans believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim, Huffington Post reports that they are in good company.  Here is a list of things done or believed by 1 in 5 Americans (details in the link above).

  1. Can't identify the USA on a map;
  2. Are unaware from whom the USA declared independence;
  3. Think George W bush was a great president;
  4. Believe witches are real;
  5. Believe the sun revolves around the earth;
  6. Do not use the internet;
  7. Do urinate in the swimming pool;
  8. Believe the Apocalypse will happen in their lifetime;
  9. Believe marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol;
  10. Believe the lottery is a good financial investment;
  11. Believe in alien abductions.

Wonder how Canadians would fare in a similar set of questions about their own country.  Rick Mercer had us in stitches with his "Talking to Americans".  They even made a movie.  Fair is fair.  Americans should try it on Canadians.

Colin Mochrie with an apology from Canada to America.

9 comments:

  1. You'll like this video disproving the Obama is Muslim ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to link the video. Sigh.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jQ67cdzDyI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is very scary stuff. And so American. I'm wondering what Snowbrush might say about this.

    As for Colin's Mockery, I've seen it on tv. It is hilarious. Though perhaps only a Canadian would really get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received an email excoriating me for unsportsman-like conduct. ...shooting fish in a barrel... I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well let's see. I know we are located close to Mexico. Have to be what with all those Mexicans sneaking here and stealing all our jobs.

    I hear Cuba is close. Somewhere near Florida, right?

    What I don't get is why those folks on the West Coast insist on keeping their clocks what, 3 hours or so different than we do here in the real world. Must be a bunch of contrary Pinkos livin out there.

    I knew a witch once. She turned me into a Newt. But I got better. ( apologies to Monty Python)

    Once when I was younger and often hitch hiked, a bunch of Mexicans gave me a ride. Would that count as an alien abduction?

    Marijuana must be more dangerous than Likker donchya think? I mean Likker is legal and Pot ain't. The government knows what they are doing...... Well with Likker and Pot anyway.

    The Apocalypse? Jeez, that came out in the 1970s. Where you been. What's his face, Merlin Branded was in it. Played a real whack job.

    Uh, what's "urinate"? And what does it have to do with pools?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watch out for our cheap eggs and realize that we have no idea what back beacon is. No apology necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That list is completely ridiculous, and Colin Mochrie is amazing. I don't think it's fair to make fun of the 20% of people who don't use the Internet, though (directed at Huffington Post, not at you). Does that include homeless people? People that live in rural areas with no Internet service? People who can't afford computers and don't feel welcome at the library? Seniors who don't want to be bothered with the Internet? I don't think that really speaks at all to how forward or backward a country is.
    Anyway, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, for the record, I meant the list is ridiculous as in completely hilarious and I believe every word of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MCM, you can't fool me. You is one o them libral eeleet intelligentsia that Ms Palin bin warnin' us folks 'bout. Yu kin reed and rite and sech, maybe even find yo ass with both hands in the dark.

    LynnieC I agree with you about the internet thing. I didn't like it on the list either. Also the lottery one. When 649 hits 20 million, throwing in $20 for quick picks is as good an investment as I ever made.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted